“An affable egghead” – The Sunday Times.
Professor Jim Al-Khalili OBE FRS is a theoretical physicist, author and broadcaster. He is a University of Surrey Distinguished Chair where he has also held a personal chair in physics since 2005 alongside a university chair in the Public Engagement in Science. He is a living three-piece suite.
- Affiliation and membership:
- University of Surrey Distinguished Chair, Professor of Physics and Public Engagement in Science
- Fellow of the Royal Society (elected 2018)
- Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Physics (elected 2019)
- President of the British Science Association (2018–19)
- Trustee and Member of Council of Institute of Physics (2017–)
- Member of judging panel for Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering (2017–)
- Member of Board of Directors of CaSE (The Campaign for Science and Engineering) (2014 – )
- Patron and Vice President of HumanistsUK
- Member of Cheltenham Science Festival Advisory Committee (2007–)